Become a Member
Our credit union is for people, not for profit!
We are a financial co-operative that provides savings and loan facilities for the benefit of our members. As a co-operative, we are owned and controlled by our members, each of whom has one vote (once aged 16 or over) - regardless of how much or how little they have saved.
Our Common Bond
Each credit union serves members drawn from particular area or group - this is known as a common bond. For many credit unions that common bond is the area they live in. For others the common bond might be the occupation members work in, the employer they work for or, perhaps, members are drawn from a society or association. This common bond is what enables members to know and trust one another. Our common bond is open to members living, going to school or working within the Farranree area.
Did you know if you are living outside the area, you are also eligible to join once you live with a family member (as defined by the Credit Union Act) who is already a member of our Credit Union?
No fees - Free Services - Convenience - Community Benefits
Members of our credit union enjoy many benefits, including:
- There are no account fees, maintenance costs or charges
- Car/Home & Holiday Insurance through CoverU.ie
- Competitive loan interest rates
- Encouragement and advice on a regular savings programme and budget accounts
- Pay into your savings or pay off your loan by standing order directly from your bank account
- Loan Protection, Life Savings and Death Benefit insurance at no direct cost to eligible members
- Nomination of your accounts - See the Savings Section for more detailed information
How do I Join?
Joining is Easy! To be eligible for membership of Farranree Credit Union you must be living, going to school or working within our common bond area. Members must hold a minimum savings balance of €6.35 to keep their account active (€200 to avail of DBI Insurance).
In order to join you will need to call to our office with Proof of ID, Proof of Address and PPS Number, see examples below:
Adult Members (over 16 years of age)
- Evidence of ID: For example one of the following: Valid Passport or Drivers Licence.
- Evidence of Address: For example one of the following: a recent Utility Bill, Official Document from a Government Body or Bank/Building Society statement (dated within 3 months of application).
- Evidence of PPS Number: For example one of the following: a medical card, recent payslip or document from the Department of Social Protection or the Revenue Commissioners.
Juvenile Members (under 16 years of age)
- Evidence of ID for Minor: For example a Valid Passport or Birth Certificate.
- Evidence of ID for Parent/Guardian: For example a Valid Passport or Drivers Licence.
- Evidence of Address for Parent/Guardian: For example, a recent Utility Bill or Bank/Building Society statement (dated within 3 months of application).
- Evidence of PPS Number for Minor: For example a medical card or letter from the Department of Social Protection.
We recognise that not everyone will have these documents to hand, but please don’t hesitate to contact one of our friendly staff on 021-4301392, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can advise you on how to get the necessary documentation.
Contact us today to join or complete the form below and a member of staff will be in contact to discuss your Membership application: